Hi Christopher,

Thank you for following this up. I do not use my macbook mentioned for
much anymore (it doesn't have Ubuntu on it anymore). But from my gained
knowledge and experience on Linux in the past  year an a bit I would
have to say that this bug I would put down to the nVidia drivers at the
time. Also the graphics card in the laptop would have been 2007-2008 so
it was rather old and low-end. As such I would mark this as closed as it
has most likely been fixed by nVidia's newest drivers (and other
versions of software improving over time also).

Kind regards,
Ben Kaiser

** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)

  Gdk-WARNING: gnome-session: Fatal IO error 11