i did some testing

with two screens attached to the primary card and xinerama turned on, it
crashes X when I try to switch to the terminal (alt+ctrl+f1), if i
finaly make it to the terminal it only shows me a blinking hardware
cursor on the second screen.

when I start X with the "-retro" option from the terminal with xinerama,
i see the the retro desktop on both screens but the system freezes.

--
Xorg hard crash on nvidia multi-gpu system
which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-180 in ubuntu.