** Description changed:

  There are a number of hotkeys and function keys which don't work with
  Jaunty (can't test with Karmic just now). I haven't found a page
  detailing how to capture the keypress events, could someone help me with
  that?

  Flat black keys across the top:

  - Internet Search. Opens default internet search engine
- - -
+ - -
  - Email. Opens default email application:
  - - opens evolution, can't be configured to use Gmail
  - Home. Opens default internet browser application:
  - - this has been set wrongly to move the current tab to the home page,
losing any unsaved content in that tab (all the text up to here for example
  - VOIP. Opens default internet communication (VOIP) application:
  - - currently does nothing

  Now three audio related silver buttons:

  - Media. Opens default media application:
  - - Currently does nothing
  - Volume Dial
  - - Works
  - Mute
  - - Works

  Back to those flat black keys:

  - Play / Pause
  - - Works fine for audio and video, tested with banshee and totem
  - Previous Track
  - - Works fine for audio and video
  - Next Track
  - - Works fine for audio and video
  - Calculator
  - - Works fine
+
+ A number of the function keys also don't work correctly:
+
+ - FN+F2 should open a text (MS Word logo) document
+ - - Does nothing
+ - FN+F3 should open a spreadsheet (MS Excel logo) application
+ - - Does nothing
+ - FN+F4 should perhaps open a database application, the logo is unknown to me.
+ - - Does nothing
+ - FN+F5 looks like a browser 'back' button
+ - - Does nothing
+ - FN+F6 looks like a browser 'forward' button
+ - - Does nothing
+ - FN+F7 should be a print button
+ - - While in Firefox (3.5) this is seen as F7 instead of FN+F7. So this needs
investigating
+
+ So other than that this keyboard works fine! ...

--
unrecognised hotkeys on 'Logitech Media Keyboard 600'
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-keyboard in ubuntu.