-- When installing Ubuntu Trusty from 5/Jan/2014 i386, the installation
DVD booted and entered graphical screen however some texts were
distorted, and the "operation in progress" mouse icon had garbage on it,
but this didn't cause installation problems.

-- After rebooting the login screen had a background pattern different
from usual near username and password fields, when this happened in
Ubuntu 13.10 it meant that the login operation would result in a GPU
lock-up upon entering the X. However this time after login the screen
became normal, using the nouveau driver. This was the first login.

-- For next two uses in the following days the screen remained normal.

-- Today I booted Ubuntu 13.10 and a GPU lock-up ocurred, then I
rebooted the machine and started Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty daily build and the
login screen had again that background pattern announcing a GPU lockup,
and I couldn't enter text into the password field, so I choose guest and
GPU lock-up ocurred, that resulted in the above report.

-- I powered down the PC and started into Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty and I
could login into X without further GPU lock-up.

-- I'll keep tracking this issue the following days, namely see if a GPU
lock-up appears a while after normal X usage, like in 13.10.
In case further issues verify I'll be updating this Bug report.

  Constant GPU Lock-ups with Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10