It's worse in Trusty, occurring immediately on heavy graphics load and
within a few minutes even in ordinary use.

The attached is the output of apport-bug xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
--save (apport-collect isn't installed by default) after rebooting, and
contains more instances of the warning than were normal in 13.10, but
not the final error (I suspect it wasn't synced to disk).

It also displayed a "send problem report?" on reboot, which I OK'd but
suspect is essentially the same information.

** Attachment added: "xcrash-14_04-log.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nouveau/+bug/1243557/+attachment/3944673/+files/xcrash-14_04-log.txt

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  [NVS 4200M] X freeze, "unhandled status 0x00800000"