I'm getting very haphazard scrolling behaviors using the scroll wheel in
GTK 3 applications. It will work properly for a time then cease to
function with no apparent cause.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and I have disabled overlay scrollbars using the
environment variable disable in /etc/profile.

I have verified that the problem manifests in:

Transmission
Nautilus
System Settings
Empathy
Ubuntu Software Center
Devhelp

The problem does not seem to exist in:

Gnome Terminal
Any application not using GTK 3

** Affects: gtk

** Affects: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (Ubuntu)

--
Scrolling using scroll wheel does not work in certain GTK 3 applications but
works elsewhere in 12.04