Chris: nothing has changed from my logs. The fglrx driver is still
present on my system, I simply meant that I had used the AMD Catalyst
control centre to "turn off" the dGPU in favor of the Intel iGPU. Thus,
in my logs on startup I see the dGPU being turned off, and `lshw -C
video` gives the above result, only showing the Intel card , and
moreover showing it being driven by the i915 driver. I thought,
therefore, that the only function of fglrx in this setup was to hand
over to the i915 driver and Intel card....

(Is it possible with hybrid graphics to completely uninstall fglrx in
favour on just a driver for the Intel card, leaving the dGPU with no
driver?)

  [fglrx] Resume from suspend leaves me with black screen or a screen of
  the desktop before it suspended, only mouse cursor moveable