The only activity here is me saying "Still an issue in ..." for each
release.

And since it's  still an issue with Saucy, it means it's still an issue with
kernel 3.11 series.
Can you please rephrase what you want me to test, if anything?

Apport reports cannot be saved locally and uploaded manually anymore? :(
The closest offline alternative appears to be  "apport-cli -f -p
xserver-xorg-video-ati --save report"
Have that report file + an X11 log file. I hope that helps to resolve this.

** Attachment added: "Xserver log, note the Xserver starts successfully, but
dies as soon as any window manager starts"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/1071868/+attachment/3945772/+files/Xorg.log

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  X11 segfaults on WM start, ATI 3|D Rage IIC [regression]