I cannot see how a BIOS update can be relevant.

I probably didn't make it absolutely clear, but I saw this issue regress
between 12.04 and 13.04 not only on this Dell XPS 13, but also on a
Lenovo X410s, two entirely different laptops. I got a new workstation at
the time, and decided on testing the new 13.04 on the old laptop before
attempting to upgrade the 12.04 that the XPS shipped with. I find it
highly unlikely that both should have the same bug in entirely different
BIOS'es.

  Sticky keys doesn't react to mouse buttons