Public bug reported:

Using Nvidia settings, the 120hz refresh rate is not being remembered
after shutdown or rebooting.  Yes the monitor supports 120hz and I use
this setting on Windows 7 all the time.

Using Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit and Nvidia drivers (I chose the "tested" one
on the list).

This was never a problem with the previous versions of Ubuntu (I'm using
13.10 because it feels faster and I can install the newer apps).

** Affects: nvidia-graphics-drivers (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Nvidia settings not remembered