Maarten Lankhorst, thanks for commenting towards this. For me, I would
like to have two finger scrolling enabled by default, without having to
disable edge scrolling. As well, I could see why others would prefer the
same thing, over the status quo.

This wouldn't be an issue, given one being knowledgeable enough could
enable this by default, as noted in the Bug Description. I'm not aware
of any negatives of this change in default behavior, but I'll let one
more knowledgeable than I speak towards this.

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  Two finger scrolling on touchpads should be enabled by default