Thanks for the feedback.  Perhaps I am in the wrong bug - but 327963
doesn't seem to be right for me either.

In effect, I have no need for any variant of the Mac keyboard.  I have a
MacBook Pro 2.2 (now running Karmic, though the problem was also in
Jaunty).  I installed VirtualBox 3.0 to run XP and everything was
working prefectly (i.e. in XP, to get to the Alt-F4 key, I would still
have to use the Mac configuration of ALT+FN+F4).  I was happy.

Then for some reason I lost the Keyboard in the Host (although a plugged
USB KB works).  At the same time, the keyboard in XP went to a generic
105 - meaning the that I can't now access the FN key to get to
Home/End/F-keys, etc.  To correct, this I attempted to specify to Ubuntu
that I had a Mac Keyboard with US layout.  This was where I ran into
this bug.  The only way I could fix it was to go back to a Generic 102
(or 105) keyboard.

Ubuntu still interprets the key-presses correctly.  But something isn't
passing it through to the Guest OS properly (meaning I have no delete,
only backspace in XP :)  Should I in fact be in 327963?

--
"Error activating XKB configuration." - Requires manual xorg.conf editing
which is subscribed to xkeyboard-config in ubuntu.