Initial state:
* hdd had two differend Windows versions installed
* hdd had two usable partitions: for swap and for then installation

Steps before unexpected event:
* downloaded trusty daily server ISO image 2014-03-11 (used another machine)
* burned ISO image into DVD (used another machine)
* booted system from the installation DVD
* OS installation: a few steps in installer
* OS installation: formatted usable partiton with ext4 filesystem and chose /
for mountpoint
* OS installation: selected only openssh-server package to be "manually"
installed
* OS installation: installed bootloader into MBR
* run apt-get upgrade (if I remember right there were 5 packages that needed to
be updated)
* run aptitude install xubuntu-desktop

During the installation process I noticed the following:
display switched into powersaving mode and didn't resume into normal mode
dispite pressing any button on keyboard or moving the mouse. The last item I
remember I saw before this unexpected event was that installation was "setting
onboard".

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
Package: xubuntu-desktop 2.178
Uname: Linux 3.13.0-16-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.13.3-0ubuntu1
Architecture: amd64
Date: Tue Mar 11 14:15:32 2014
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Server 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Alpha amd64
(20140311)
SourcePackage: xubuntu-meta

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug trusty
--
PS/2 keyboard stops working after package installation
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1290839