I am now using Ubuntu 14.04 from the link above. At the time of starting this
bug report I was using 13.04 (raring) and then also 13.10 (saucy) but the
problem was the same with both. Will see how will it be with 14.04.
So far I have noticed one difference though! If I did cat
/sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch on 13.04 and 13.10 I got:

0:IGD:+:Pwr:0000:00:02.0
1:DIS: :Off:0000:01:00.0

With 14.04 I get somethin a bit different:

0:IGD:+:Pwr:0000:00:02.0
1:DIS: :DynOff:0000:01:00.0

Notice the Dyn in second line.
This is ofcourse before installing AMD drivers. After I install those,
vgaswitcheroo is no longer there.

For now, I will not install AMD drivers on 14.04 to see if the problem
will come up out-of-the-box. If I don't see any troubles for a whole
week, I will install AMD drivers and provide feedback about both. If
problems come up before, I will install AMD drivers right after.

  [Dell Vostro 3550] Display resolution keeps switching with external
  monitor connected