Ok Timo, could you please elaborate?

What exactly does that mean?

I have installed the PF-Kernel, based on the 3.14 Mainline Ubuntu Kernel, and
I've never had a freeze again!
Except for some troubles with Flash in Firefox, that made me force close the
browser, the freezes never happended again!

So, what does your unique, and very short sentence means?

Is there a better specific answer to my problem that you can provide?

Do you need more data?

What should I do to solve the problem, when using tha mainline 3.14.1
Ubuntu Kernel?

Waiting for a more compreensive and decisive replay.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 14.04 Freezes completely - Power Button Reset