Hello Chris I have ran the ubuntu-bug xorg and upload the report however I
don't know where it went or if it had any information to link it to this bug.
I have added two USB headset device IDs into my xorg.conf to ignore HID input
however I would really like to get the volume controls working.
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier     "Jabra USB Headset"
        MatchUSBID     "0b0e:0041"
        Option         "Ignore" "on"
EndSection
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier     "Plantronics .Audio 626"
        MatchUSBID     "047f:c006"
        Option         "Ignore" "on"
EndSection

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in Ubuntu.

  Mute button on USB headset steals and holds on to mouse focus