** Description changed:

  I'm on Ubuntu 14.04LTS, although this is probably a general synaptics driver
issue. (I hope this is the right tracker to file the bug).
- This bug is regarding newer touch pads that have their buttons integrated in
the sensitive area instead of having separate buttons away from the actual
touchpad area.
+ This bug is regarding newer touch pads that have their buttons integrated in
the sensitive area instead of having separate buttons away from the actual
touchpad area. AKA clickpads.

  Expected: to be able to use the "deep" or "hard" clicks on the touchpad
  to drag and drop and "right click".

  What happenned:
  Both when clicking and holding the click and when right clicking, there is
"shaking" or "vibration" in the pointer; this makes difficult two tasks that
are performed regularly:

  Task 1: I am trying to drag and drop. I press the touchpad with one
  finger and while holding, use another finger to move the object I want
  to drop. The pointer "shakes" or "vibrates" while the first finger is
  pressed, making it hard to deposit the item where it should. What is
  wrong? Answer: The information sent by the finger that is "hard
  pressing" the touch pad should be ignored and not be translated into
  movements of the pointer.

  Task 2: I want to right click on a link by hard pressing on the lower
  right corner of the touch pad. The pointer jumps and misses the actual
  link, right clicking somewhere else. What is wrong? The movement of the
  finger after the hard press and while it is being released is still used
  as input for movement; flagging the hard press and generating different
  behavior after it should solve the problem.

  These problems do not happen in windows, it is not a "bad quality
  hardware" issue, it is a driver tweaking issue.

  The general idea: fix the driver for this kind of new touch pad by
  filtering the information sent from the sensitive area when "hard
  clicks" are detected.

** Tags added: clickpad

** Description changed:

- I'm on Ubuntu 14.04LTS, although this is probably a general synaptics driver
issue. (I hope this is the right tracker to file the bug).
- This bug is regarding newer touch pads that have their buttons integrated in
the sensitive area instead of having separate buttons away from the actual
touchpad area. AKA clickpads.
+ I'm on Ubuntu 14.04LTS, although this is probably a general synaptics
+ driver issue. (I hope this is the right tracker to file the bug).
+
+ My Laptop is an Acer v5-573.
+
+ This bug is regarding newer touch pads that have their buttons
+ integrated in the sensitive area instead of having separate buttons away
+ from the actual touchpad area. AKA clickpads.

[...]

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  touchpad pointer vibration on click