Swâmi,

We've all laid out these arguments many times over. Yes, this issue is
frustrating (and I regret having vented some of my own frustration in my
first comments) but let's keep it civil.

There are proposed solutions. I, for one, think Andreas' proposal is the
best way out of the current dead lock as it would allow each and
everyone of us to configure the fr-oss layout the way we want it. It's
now up to Sergey and Nicolas to decide how to move this forward.

Cheers

which is subscribed to xkeyboard-config in Ubuntu.

  Can't use space bar in search bar when using french alternative
  keyboard