After upgrading LTS from 12.04 to 14.04 I have the same issue.

I have a 4 monitor setup with 2 graphic cards. I tried a lot of
configruations / drivers,  but the only thing that "worked" was
completly uninstalling fglrx and connecting 3 monitors to 1 graphic
card.

Setup:
------
1x Radeon HD 6450
  -- 2x DVI  BenQ  GW2750
  -- 1x HDMI BenQ  GW2750

1x Radeon HD 6450
  -- 1x DVI  BenQ  GW2750

Result
---------
Mouse Flicker on the 3 monitor system. No flicker on the 1 Monitor system.

Funny thing
-----------
When changing to gnome 3 or Xfce the flickering disapears -> Unity Bug?

cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

lspci | grep -i vga
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
Caicos [Radeon HD 6450/7450/8450 / R5 230 OEM]
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
Caicos [Radeon HD 6450/7450/8450 / R5 230 OEM]

  Mouse Flickering after adding 3rd Monitor