Public bug reported:

The  SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad of  Lifebook Fujitsu A544 in Xubuntu 14.04
stops working after a while (at the end I have only the left and right click).

After installing Xubuntu the TouchPad was not revealed, so
I have used the workaround of changing the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX
and adding  "i8042.notimeout i8042.nomux" to the string in quotes

After this workaround
Some times  it works fine at the beginning, but it eventually does not work
correctly and as expected.
And after more time it stops working after a while, by leaving me only with the
left and right click.

I have attached the requested logs.

** Affects: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "devices"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1321667/+attachment/4116722/+files/devices

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad not working with Xubuntu 14.04