Can confirm bug still exists in 14.6 on Ubuntu Trusty (clean install).

I've monitored this for a while and tried to find solutions but there is
nothing I can find to help resolve it.  Personally I have an Acer 8943G
with HD 5850 gfx.  From what I have seen/people posted, what is common
to the bug is this (please post if you don't have this setup!):

Acer laptop
AMD Mobility HD 5*** chip

Acer do something 'special' with the graphics chips on their laptops, it was a
pain setting up video on a hackintosh on my last two, and I think this is
related to the issue we have, which requires AMD to come up with some
workaround unfortunately.  Posting my xorg.log too to confirm it is this
problem with 'failed to open a CMMQS connection'.

** Attachment added: "Xorg.0.log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fglrx-installer-updates/+bug/1267650/+attachment/4123951/+files/Xorg.0.log

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer-updates in Ubuntu.

  fglrx causes segmentation fault on boot