The second bug was definitely a dupe, the problem seems to be with
threaded opengl. Nouveau does not currently support this..

The following hack fixes the issue in a nasty way by creating separate
screen objects with the same drm device. libdrm is only thread-safe with
libdrm 2.4.54 or later. This probably won't break vdpau, though I'm not
completely sure..

The real fix is making nouveau thread-safe, it's been discussed on the
#nouveau channel:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~cbrill/dri-
log/?channel=nouveau&date=2014-06-04

** Attachment added: "Awful awful hack."

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nouveau/+bug/1309044/+attachment/4125841/+files/patch

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  Unity webapps crash Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on my computer