Is this issue ever going to be fixed?

Or no one cares anymore about older Ubuntu versions? 12.04 was supposed
to be LTS!

These issues should have not been neglected, nor allowed to happen in
the first place.

Before that specific update, which i suspect is this one: xkb-data:amd64
(2.5-1ubuntu1.3, 2.5-1ubuntu1.5),

everything on my keyboard was working flawlessly. I cannot use the
quickbuttons around the volume wheel or the volume wheel at all. This
should be an easy fix for the developers.

Please look into it as it is very annoying.

which is subscribed to xkeyboard-config in Ubuntu.

  Volume wheel (Dell keyboard) not adjusting Ubuntu volume properly
  after update