> > > I tried to fix this a few months ago but failed. If someone with the right
> > > skills and time want to have a look at this problem, I'd be happy to give
> > > away a laptop with this chipset. Shipment cost on me. I can prepare a
> > > linux
> > > installation with sources of the kernel at the regression point. Contact
> > > me
> > > if you are up to the task.
> >
> > Don't do that.
> >
> > Read here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/KernelBisection
> > If you can follow those Ubuntu-specific instructions, that will narrow down
> > the problem.
> >
> > If you can't follow those instructions, have you filed a Launchpad bug? If
> > so, please post the link or bug # (double-check that it's a public bug or
> > say it's private).
>
> The problem is already bisected. The commit that introduces the regression
> switches nv50 to use nvc0's disp implementation. The commit is basically
> deleting all the nv50 code and changing a few function pointers to use the
> nvc0 implementation. I tried pin pointing what the problem was (see comment
> 34) but I was not able to fix the problem.

I saw Ben Gamari's bisection log (from 3.7->3.8), but I didn't realize
that you had duplicated the bisection; I only saw your bump 4 months
later, on 3.13.

The OP reported this for a Dell Latitude E6400 with G98; are you running
similar hardware?

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  10de:0611 nouveau fails at suspend/resume - PAGE_NOT_PRESENT