Public bug reported:

1) The release of Ubuntu you are using, via 'lsb_release -rd' or System ->
About Ubuntu
$ lsb_release -rd
Release:        12.04

2) The version of the package you are using, via 'apt-cache policy pkgname' or
by checking in Software Center
$ apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-input-evdev
xserver-xorg-input-evdev:
  Установлен: 1:2.7.0-0ubuntu1.2
  Кандидат:   1:2.7.0-0ubuntu1.2
  Таблица версий:
 *** 1:2.7.0-0ubuntu1.2 0
        500 http://mirror.yandex.ru/ubuntu/ precise-updates/main i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1:2.7.0-0ubuntu1 0
        500 http://mirror.yandex.ru/ubuntu/ precise/main i386 Packages
     1:2.3.2-5ubuntu1 0
        500 http://ubuntu.mirror.cambrium.nl/ubuntu/ lucid/main i386 Packages

3) What you expected to happen?
I expect that always can use my keyboard without needing unplug it from USB,
while computer works, and then plug in again.

4) What happened instead?
I boot my Ubuntu system and successfully work on it in XFCE4 or Unity. But
after some random time (hours or days) my keyboard freezes. But if I hold down
a button some seconds, then system detect pressing. So to write text I must
hold down every button some seconds.
To fix problem I must unplug keyboard from USB and plug in again. Then all will
work good until I reboot my system.
Same problem when keyboard is connected to PS/2, but in that case replug in
PS/2 does not help.
I can fix problem also by logout. Then Xorg will restart and keyboard starts
work normally again, but I am not sure that it is permanent fix as with USB
replug in.
I tried to use other keyboard. It does not help.
I tried different kernel versions from 3.2 to 3.13. It does not help.

I think problem is in Xorg or xserver-xorg-input-evdev, because Xorg
restarting (logout) helps.

I do not remember when problem is started. Looks like more than 6 month
ago, maybe after upgrade to 12.04.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
Package: xserver-xorg-input-evdev 1:2.7.0-0ubuntu1.2
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-67.101-generic-pae 3.2.60
Uname: Linux 3.2.0-67-generic-pae i686
ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.6
Architecture: i386