What can I do to help resolve this bug? It's annoyingly repeatable, I
get it at least ten times a day.

Basically lightdm starts normally. Then after a suspend/resume cycle it
says the session is locked. lightdm is now in a state where it
doesn't/can't talk to the X server into vt7. So it starts a new greeter
on vt8 and tries to switch to it (which fails). Switching manually and
typing in the correct password seems to work but then the X server
crashes with signal 6 (this bug) and then it spawns the greeter again on
vt8. After about three times it finally succeeds in unlocking the
session on vt7 and I can continue working.

Sometimes it gets unlocked but the mouse no longer works, but that's
probably a completely different problem.

Attaching the lightdm.log, in case it sheds light on the problem.

** Attachment added: "lightdm.log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/1338492/+attachment/4177866/+files/lightdm.log.old

  Xorg crashed with SIGABRT in OsAbort()