I recently installed Ubuntu 14.04 on a mac mini and bought a 2560 x 1080
ultrawide LG monitor for it. Problem is that it doesn't display the proper
resolution, the maximum being 1920 x 1080 under ubuntu settings.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Please give clear instructions as I am not an Ubuntu expert.

My graphics card: NVIDIA Corporation C79 [GeForce 9400]

If there is currently no solution, would someone please pass this on to
the Ubuntu developers so that they start working on implementing this
resolution into the operating system?

Thank you,
Ian

** Affects: xrandr (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
Ubuntu 14.04 does not support 2560x1080 resolution.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1357804