Hi,

I am having a similar issue to the bug report here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1310762 ; Lockups
that can sometimes be resolved by hitting Alt+F1 and going to the
console, then hitting Alt+F7 to go back to the gui. Sometimes the screen
should've been updated to the logon screen after the screensaver kicks
in and I move the mouse, but instead I occasionally see garbage, then
have to hit Alt+F1, and Alt+F7, and it will bring me to a black screen
with a mouse cursor that if I type my password in will bring me to the
desktop (although sometimes that doesn't work). It apparently should be
displaying the logon screen, but my actual screen never gets updated.

Hardware Configuration:
*Quadro FX 3500 on a Dell Precision 390 desktop
*DVI to HDMI cable
*Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty)

** Affects: nvidia-graphics-drivers-304 (Ubuntu)

--
[Nvidia Quadro FX 3500] lockups - Ubuntu 14.04
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1360998