I am re-opening this bug. It still exists in Jaunty. I just bought a
Wacom Bamboo and the bug occurs right out of the box. I have separate X
screens, just like the original reporter. My secondary monitor is to the
left of my primary one though so the accessible regions are reversed:
the right half of the primary is accessible and the left half of the
secondary, but not the rest. I literally just plugged in the tablet and
this bug was there, so everything is set to the default.

The last update from Alberto seems to be saying to turn on TwinView, but
that's not a valid fix for me. Separate X screens and TwinView are very
different and there are reasons to prefer one over the other. For
example, separate X screens gives you a second gnome panel and also
gives correct sync-to-vblank behaviour on the secondary monitor, which
is essential for my home theater set-up. So the fix for this bug will
need to work with separate X screens.

** Changed in: wacom-tools (Ubuntu)

--
wacom tablet stylus input jumps to next screen prematurely in dual monitor
set-up