I have the same problem. Updated yesterday from nvidia-common 0.2.91.6 to
0.2.91.7 and then restarted the computer. I see the loading logo of ubuntu,
then a black screen, with no possibility to run a shell. All freezed.
Assuming the problem may be the new kernel also installed 3.13.0-36.63 I tryed
the a previous version, but it filed again.
So I tryed the kernel 3.11.0-20 and finally I was able to login, but I have no
hardware acceleration (with the typical warning message). Apport also made a
crash report relative to xorg, but I'm no able to find the report in local or
in launchpad.
Any idea how to get that bug report? I think it could help.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-304-updates in Ubuntu.

  No longer able to use GUI after update