No, this is **NOT** an nVidia (or any driver) problem (emphasis because
the common misconception seems to be that it is an nVidia/ATI/AMD
proprietary driver issue, even I shared this misconception before
looking at the code). It is a problem with the implementation of the
Bresenham (bres for short) line drawing algorithm. I am not sure how the
other drivers get around this problem. My assumption (and if I recall
correct I may have even tested this) is that they do not call the code
in question at all. I'm guessing that they implement the line draw on
the graphics chip or something and therefore override this problematic
code.

  Xubuntu 12.10 + Xorg server 1.13 = Window decoration missing