Hi Dariusz,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
I was about to do this, but what caught my surprise this morning, I rebooted
and suddenly got mulit monitor support!
I am not sure why, I do not seem to use xserver-xorg-video-intel know, so not
sure why it works now.
It might be because I used the intel installer before and there was a patch
enabling my patched kernel to work.
I tried the original ubuntu kernel and with that it doesn't.
I am happy to be using it now (with one VGA, one DVI and the internal laptop
screen, running my own compiled 3.14 kernel).
Thank you and let's hope Ubuntu will put those patches in the current kernel or
in proposed or something.
cheers!

  DisplayPort 1.2 MST support is missing in the Intel driver