Hey everyone.

I have had success with changing the input.x11_options.VertScrollDelta
config value to a higher value (default=20).  This is in the file
/etc/hal/fdi/policy/appletouch.fdi

* If you want to use 2-finger scrolling, and don't mind a "slower" scroll
amount, try a value of 60.
* If you do not want to use 2-finger scrolling, and just want to do the right
click, try even higher like 90.  You can disable 2-finger scrolling altogether
if you wish.

I can recommend the 'side-scrolling' feature as well (where the right
side of the touch pad can be used for scrolling) - I'm beginning to
prefer it over two-finger scrolling.  The only downside is that the
side-scrolling is affected by the 'VertScrollDelta' value.

After editing, reload kernel modules: sudo modprobe -r appletouch &&
modprobe appletouch

Hope this helps!
Blaine

--
Appletouch touchpad driver produces jumpy two-fingered scrolling
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in ubuntu.