I don't know if this is at all relevant, but I also got the error
message:

"xcb_io.c:528: _XAllocID: Assertion `ret != inval_id' failed" after
rebuilding and running an OPEN Windows (xview) application as a 32-bit
executable on a CentoS 6.4 x86_64 architecture. There is apparently no
native 64-bit xview - presumably because the data structures inherent in
the package assume 4 bytes for address pointers, and too much trouble to
re-engineer, hence the 32-bit build and the error here.

The problem was resolved here by explicitly linking to the dynamic run
time library:

"/usr/lib/libX11-xcb.so.1".

The linker does not require the libX11-xcb.so.1 to be specified, but it
clearly defaults to the 64-bit /usr/lib64/libX11-xcb.so.1 version. For
users where they only have a 32 bit binary xview application, there is
probably some Linux command to reset the default  libX11-xcb.so.1
dynamic library path.

Frankly I don't know much at all about the inner workings of Linux, but
this post may be hepful to anyone else who is having similar problems.
If irrelevant, please ignore.

which is subscribed to libx11 in Ubuntu.

  nautilus assert failure: nautilus: ../../src/xcb_io.c:528: _XAllocID:
  Assertion `ret != inval_id' failed.