Affects me, my details: Ubuntu 12.04.5, NVidia 340.58 64-bit, card is
NVS 310

For me, minimizing and restoring does NOT fix the issue, but resizing
the windows fixes the issue. Unfortunately, some windows are not
resizeable.

Happens mostly to VirtualBox and Wine - it used to happen to Chrome a
lot, but hasn't recently. Maybe there's a workaround that Chrome found.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-updates in Ubuntu.

  Applications occasionally stop refreshing the window, with NVidia
  Graphics