Unity compiz and Xorg processes are not growing, this seems like a KDE +
Nvidia + Xorg issue.

I tested firefox without hardware acceleration, but still growing kwin
and xorg processes.

You can easily reproduce this, when you start in KDE the system monitor krunner
(Ctrl+Esc), then search for kwin.
Do not start other applications and watch the process memory growing.

Thank you for the nvidia-link, I'll report it, when I have more time.

  High memory usage of Xorg and kwin after Xorg security updates
  [nvidia]