Hi, I am still having that issue on 14.04 Lenovo T540p with nvidia-prime
activated.

I had suspected it is 'Disable while typing' option in Mouse&Touchpad
configuration however disabling the option does not solve the problem.
At the same time 14.04 on Dell V131 does not have any issues with
touchpad at all.  Switching to any virtual console and back C-A-F7 is a
workaround as mentioned above however does not solve actual problem.  I
wonder it is still 'Disable while typing' issue because I had similar
issue in a past.

  nvidia prime causing mouse and screen to freeze