I have recently upgraded my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS to 14.04 LTS on my Lenovo
E525. The system was running perfectly on 12.04. Unfortunately, the were
several problems after upgrading. Google Earth did no longer work. I was
required to install the recent version. After that, Googe Earth did
crash with the infamous SIGSEGV. A flash application did crash under
reproducible conditions.

I have resolved all of these problems by installing the nouveau driver.
This resulted in a complete removal of the not working fglrx driver
which did cause this 2 year old bug. I think it's a shame for ATI/AMD
that these guys are still producing drivers which are far away from
beeing production ready.

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  package fglrx (not installed) failed to install/upgrade: Unterprozess
  installiertes post-removal-Skript gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurück