Public bug reported:

Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics

Hello. It seems that there has been some problem before with the middle
button feature using two fingers. On my asus eee pc and the most recent
karmic I get the right mouse button menu when I do the middle button two
finger tap on the touchpad. Otherwise when I use the physical buttons to
do the middle click, it works ok but it isn't that nice. On jaunty the
bug didn't manifest itself.

Juha

** Affects: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (Ubuntu)

--
touchpad middle button tapping with two fingers opens the right mouse button
menu (eee 901/ibm t43) karmic