Just in case it is relevant, when I upgraded to BIOS 1.18 I ran into bug
#887793 (Kworker constantly taking about 100% CPU) worked around as in
comment 114 there (echo "disable" >
/sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts/gpe13).  This suspend bug was still seen
before and after the workaround.  Before disabling gpe13, top showed
kworker hogging one of the cores and there was no sign of Xorg near the
top of the cpu usage list.  After implementing the workaround Xorg re-
appeared as normal with a few % of processor.

  Laptop + external display does not suspend on lid close