I was able to install Nvidia Driver 346.35 (as it was the latest version
available in the repository), the situation is indeed beter. The
graphics is no longer corrupted. I am able to use my monitor positioned
on the left side.

There is however one issue, the screen is visible to Ubuntu as  a
single, big instance instead of two separate screens. I mean that if I
make a window full screen, instead of going full screen on the monitor
on which it is positioned, it spans accross two monitors.

Additionally I don't know if that's relevant, but Ubuntu's Display tool
sees correctly two screens while nvidia-settings shows only one (which
is incorrect), please see attachment.

PS. I am running Vivid build from 1st of March.

** Attachment added: "onevstwo.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1305264/+attachment/4331384/+files/onevstwo.png

** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)

  Incorrect display when using monitor on the left on NVIDIA Optimus
  Card