I had a go at merging the changes from 343.22-1 in Debian experimental.
The result is available in my PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~ginggs/+archive/ubuntu/arm-testing
and the debdiff is attached.  The armhf build runs fine on an NVIDIA Jetson TK1
board.

Moving forward, I think it would be easier to maintain if we started with the
Debian packaging (I think it can be used with only minor changes to
debian/control) and then merged in the Ubuntu patches.
Upstream have released version 346.47 and I can look at updating the Debian
package to that version.
Is there still time to get this into Vivid?

** Patch added: "nvidia-settings_346.35-0ubuntu2.debdiff"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hwloc-contrib/+bug/1327753/+attachment/4337004/+files/nvidia-settings_346.35-0ubuntu2.debdiff

which is subscribed to nvidia-settings in Ubuntu.

  FTBFS: hwloc-contrib 1.9-1 build-depends on unavailable package
  libxnvctrl-dev