EDIT: I wrote this before the "Fix Released" status (might be already
obsolete)

I finally got it working on Trusty (Ubuntu Studio 14.04.2 LTS, Xfce 4),
but proposed fix did not work out of the box. I am posting this just in
case someone, just because of plain old bad luck, runs into same problem
as I did, this solution just might help, IDK.

Let me go through what was happening: I enabled "trusty-proposed",
pinned the repo (I read the article actually), installed using apt-get
(sudo apt-get install fglrx-updates/trusty-proposed) and did a reboot.

Initially, it looked like it worked, "Additional Drivers" settings
section indicated I was using "fglrx-update" proprietary driver, both
Ubuntu Software Center and Synaptic indicated that correct (trusty-
proposed) versions and dependencies were installed, so I thought all
went good, until I tried to launch ATI Catalyst Center and got  message
about error while initializing "amdcccle" (No such file or directory).

I purged all installed files, reverted to default community driver, did
another reboot and repeated installation process again. Same results.
Then I realized that I was getting error for running "amdcccle" and not
"amdcccle-updates" as I thought it should. So here is what I did (by
steps):

1. Open Synaptic
2. Search for "fglrx"
3. Find "fglrx-updates", select it, go to Package -> Force Version... , select
"trusty-proposed" and hit Force Version; apply changes in synaptic
4. Select "fglrx-updates" again, right click & mark for reinstallation; apply
changes in synaptic
5. Find "fglrx-amdcccle-updates", mark for installation it if it isn't
installed, and/or mark for uninstallation "fglrx-amdcccle" if it is installed;
apply changes
6. Select "fglrx-amdcccle-updates" and go trough the same steps as with
"fglrx-updates" (i.e. forcing version and reinstallation)
7. Select "fglrx-updates-core", and mark it for reinstallation (this one cannot
be forced, so just reinstall); apply changes
8. Reboot / Shutdown your machine (don't forget to turn it on, duh)

A NOTE: I am 100% sure there is a lot cleaner and more efficient way for
accomplishing this using terminal command line or something else, but I
hereby publicly announce that I am not Linux Master Chief or Guru or
anything nearby, mere intermediary, average user here. This "solution"
is merely a crude result of hours of trial-and-error nail-biting-hair-
pulling process, so please, if someone can simplify and polish this
garbage workaround of mine, please do! :)

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  apt-get fails to install fglrx or fglrx-updates in 14.04.2 and 12.04.5