Public bug reported:

Trying or installing ubuntu 15.04 on MacbookPro 11,2 maintains the first
core (out of eight cores)  at over 80% its usage even when there are no
running applications. This constant CPU usage contributes to heating my
laptop.

To reproduce, try or install Ubuntu 15.04 on MacbookPro 11,2, and either
open the System Monitor application or run `top` from Terminal.

I will examine if this issue also affects my office desktop computer.

** Affects: ubuntu

** Attachment added: "Screenshot from 2015-05-03 12:58:59.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1451117/+attachment/4389782/+files/Screenshot%20from%202015-05-03%2012%3A58%3A59.png

** Package changed: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (Ubuntu) => ubuntu

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  ubuntu 15.04 CPU has one core constantly over 80% usage