If I understand correctly the web page referred to above, I should:
sudo apt-get install --install-recommends linux-generic-lts-utopic
xserver-xorg-lts-utopic libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-utopic
libegl1-mesa-drivers-lts-utopic

I'm reluctant to do this, as the web page does not state the reversion
method in case of problems. What is it?

It also says that I can check the hwe support status by:
hwe-support-status --verbose
However, when I do that, the command is not found. Synaptic says that there is
no package similar to that command's name. What is the relevant package's name?

  Xorg freeze