P1.70
04/21/2015

As I was saying before, this only happened since updating to 15.04 from 14.10.
It has more to do with my television not specifying a resolution that is
compatible with modeset.  For example, it may say that it's 720p tops instead
of 1280 x 720 but I'm not sure.  I do know that it enjoys staying in a
powered-on state while flipping the screen and its light on and off while
making the power on and off sound when modeset doesn't work right.
The television shows as a Samsung Electric Company 7" and is presently working
at a resolution of 1360 x 768 and looks like crap at 1280 x 720.  I'm not sure
what has changed in the way that modeset functions, but this would be the
second time this same issue has happened with this particular screen.
Normally, I would say that it would be the screen at fault, but something in
modeset was changed before that fixed the way it handled some of these screens
that made it work perfectly.  If someone could look at what changed that could
make it have this problem, I would really appreciate it.

Also, changed to confirmed as requested.

  Have to use nomodeset for install (new problem for new distro)