I've an Acer 4820TG notebook with MUXed Intel + ATi cards, and I can
select which card to use via BIOS setting or somewhat dynamically using
vgaswitcheroo.

In case I set the notebook in dynamic mode on the bios, so that I've both the
VGA cards available, XMir doesn't start, and I'm getting the X fallback session
instead of lightdm.
If I instead add an upstart job to force one of the cards to turn off early on
the boot, it works instead.

Using pure X this issue doesn't show up.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 12) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] Device 0359
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 42
        Region 0: Memory at d8000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
        Region 2: Memory at c0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
        Region 4: I/O ports at 4050 [size=8]
        Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: i915

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
[AMD/ATI] Madison [Mobility Radeon HD 5650/5750 / 6530M/6550M] (rev ff)
(prog-if ff)

** Affects: mir

** Affects: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

** Tags: package-qa-testing
--
Xmir doesn't start with MUXed Intel/ATi hybrid graphics
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1217821