I've also seen on my Fujitsu U904 (3200x1800) connected over DP to the
external 4k screen.  I've worked around it by using Ctrl to highlight
the cursor position until the cursor returns (sometimes it takes more
than a couple of hours, and the only sure way to get it back is to log
out and log back in — switching to terminal console or suspending and
resuming does not help).

Will attach more info once I hit it again.

  cursor sometimes disappears on XPS 13 9343 and external monitor