I am running Lubuntu 14.04.2 and it ran fine until the last
xserver-xorg-video-intel-lts-utopic update.
My installed version was 2:2.99.914-1-exp1ubuntu4.3-trusty1
The update was for version 2:2.99.914-1-exp1ubuntu4.5-trusty1

I get text randomly missing from icons on the desktop and the only cure
(albeit temporary) is to logout and log back in.

How can I revert back to the previous driver?

Thanks

Nick

  Random characters in screen text suddenly disappear