Kernel 3.19.0-26.28 was pushed as a security update to all Ubuntu users today
(it is no longer in the, disabled by default,  "proposed" repository).
This means all FGLRX users on Vivid (and those that installed 14.04.2) will
lose their graphical environment as soon as they reboot.

The only workaround is to select the former kernel in Grub. Patching the
DKMS module manually is possible, but we can't expect the typical Ubuntu
user to do such a thing.

I don't know who is to blame, but I hope I'm not the only one to think
this is a serious situation.

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  SRU request: fglrx.ko fails because of backported GPL-only
  'pci_ignore_hotplug' symbol